There are numerous advantages of using the a fiber reinforced concrete system in applications such as elevated slabs, industrial floors, and structural thin sections. The key advantage is in the time reduction of the installation as the double layers of traditional rebars and stirrups which can result in several weeks of construction time.
Structural design procedures have been proposed based on material properties obtained from full-scale tests, large scale round panel tests, and flexural beams to verify the design calculations. A combination of small scale flexural beams, round panel tests, finite element modeling, and full scale testing of suspended slabs leads to better understanding of the mechanisms involved.
- Soranakom, C., and Mobasher, B., “Flexural Design of Fiber Reinforced Concrete,” ACI Materials Journal/September-October 2009, pp. 461-469 [download]
- Soranakom, C., and Mobasher, B., “Closed-Form Moment-Curvature Expressions For Homogenized Fiber Reinforced Concrete, ACI Materials Journal, V. 104, No. 4, July-August 2007.[download]
- Soranakom, C., and Mobasher, B., “Closed Form Solutions for Flexural Response of Fiber Reinforced Concrete Beams” ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Volume 133, Issue 8, August 2007. [download]
- Soranakom, C., and Mobasher, B., “Modeling of tension stiffening in reinforced cement composites: Part I -Theoretical Modeling, Materials and Structures, (2010) 43:1217–1230 DOI 10.1617/s11527-010-9594-8, 2010. [download]
- Soranakom, C., and Mobasher, B., “Modeling of tension stiffening in reinforced cement composites: Part II – simulations vs. experimental results,” Materials and Structures, (2010) 43:1231–1243, DOI 10.1617/s11527-010-9593-9, 2010. [download]
- Soranakom, C., Yekani-Fard, M., and Mobasher, B. “Development of Design Guidelines For Strain Softening Fiber Reinforced Concrete,” 7th international Symposium of Fiber Reinforced Concrete: Design and Applications BEFIB 2008, Editor: R. Gettu, Sept. 2008, pp 513-523. [download]
- Soranakom, C., and Mobasher, B., “Correlation of Tensile and Flexural Behavior of Fiber Reinforced Cement Composite.” Proceeding of the Eighth International Symposium and Workshop on Ferrocement and Thin Reinforced Cement Composites, Bangkok, Thailand, February, 2006, pp. 621-632. [download]
- T. Desai , R. Shah, A. Peled, and B. Mobasher, “Mechanical Properties of Concrete Reinforced with AR-Glass Fibers, Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Brittle Matrix Composites (BMC7) in Warsaw, October 13-15, 2003. pp. 223-232. [download]
- Mobasher, B. , “Advances in Modeling FRC Materials ” Fiber Reinforced Concrete: From Theory to Practice – Proceedings of the North American/European Workshop on Advances in Fiber Reinforced Concrete, Starrylink Editrice, Editors: S. Ahmad, M. di Prisco, C. Meyer, GA Plizzari, S. Shah, 2005, pp.113-123. [download]
- Chote Soranakom, Barzin Mobasher And Xavier Destreé, “Numerical Simulation Of FRC Round Panel Tests And Full Scale Elevated Slabs, “Deflection and Stiffness Issues In FRC And Thin Structural Elements, ACI SP-248-3, pp. 31-40, 2008, [download]
- Soranakom, C., and Mobasher, B., “Moment-Curvature Response of Strain Softening and Strain Hardening Cement Based Composites,” Cement and Concrete Composites, Volume 30, Issue 6, Pages 465-477, July 2008. [download]